Easy cast iron chicken thighs
This is one of my favorite easy recipes to cook when I get home from work. Takes barely any time, but tastes great, and is easy to make solo.
Complements well with rice and steamed peas.
- Chicken thighs with skin (however many you want to eat)
- Oil (olive or canola)
- Garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425f. Heat cast iron to med heat (5 on my stove) and cover with oil.
- Season both sides of chicken thigh with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and oregano.
- Cook skin-side down for 5-7 minutes to get a nice brown crisp (if you are getting black, your heat is too high!)
- Flip chicken and pop in oven for 15-20 minutes, depending on size of chicken. I usually go for about 17 minutes
- Serve with rice, steamed peas, and bbq sauce.